JO Events ManualThis Junior Olympic Events Manual is written for you, the Event Organizer. Much of what’s here is special to USA Junior Olympic Sailing Festivals. Some will be “old hat” as you’ve been running successful regattas for a while, maybe a long while.
Get Started Here!
- Read Letter to JO Event Organizer
- Review JO Responsibilities
- Print Event Chair's Timeline/Checklist
- Getting the Word out to Sailors
- Tips from past JO Chairs
- Logos - How to Use Them
What makes JO events special?
- Enhanced Online Event Registration & Results - www.RegattaNetwork.com
- A top-notch event, consistent with US SAILING’s standards of outstanding race management and event management.
- Clinics at all events; participation by visiting coaches and instructors.
- National promotion that ties all events together
- Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors -- West Marine, Gill, Sperry Top-Sider -- lots of giveaways, prizes, and other special things will be provided to enhance your event. Here's a list of what will be provided this year:
- JO posters (for each sailor plus extras for posting, promotion, etc.)
- JO medals (gold, silver & bronze medals for skipper and crew in each class – extras available)
- Lots of decals
- Door prizes
- Freebies for participants
- Introduction of the Olympic aspect (Opening Ceremonies, Medal Ceremony with podium, Olympic sailors, etc.)
- JO-specific NOR and SI guidelines
- A manual full of hints and tools!
USA Junior Olympic Sailing is a cooperative program of US Sailing and the U.S. Olympic Committee. Sailing is one of many sports that run Junior Olympic programs or events.